Followers

Friday 3 June 2011

Hardanger Owl

This must be the year of the Owl.  I started the year off with OakHaven Designs Owl SAL, I've stitched an owl heart hanger, a blackwork owl and now a Hardanger owl.  I wonder what else I will stitch by the end of the year. It was only a couple of days ago that I found the Hardanger Owl at JMD Designs.  (The freebie chart can be found on 12 May 2011.)  I fell in love with the design and I just had to stitch it.  And here he is.

Hardanger Owl
Close up.

Last week I went back to Norfolk for a short stay.  I just had to see how the ducklings were growing.  As you can see they are getting bigger.



But this time I also saw some fallow deer and was lucky to get some photos.




Please remember to look on the right hand side bar for
"Some Fun Giveaways", which I will update regularly.
So far I have had 6 giveaways this month.


Happy Stitching Everyone


7 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

Love your hardanger Owl Mary Joan. It's just darling. Your Lace Stitches look so square. Mine always look loopy. I can't figure out how to make them look like that, lol. Love the ducklings and the deer. My dad used to have deer in his back yard all the time. They're so pretty!!

Lee said...

lovely to see the update on the ducklings.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Your owl is so pretty, I love the heart shape in the middle,I have yet to try those beautiful fill in stitches.
Love the photos too.
We have a colony of ducks on the pond that is part of the Farm behind our house, and another clutch of ducklings hatched yesterday.They congregate on the grass on which I have my rotary clothes line :)
The deer are beautiful and so is the scenery.

wendy111 said...

Love your hardanger owl, very nice and the ducklings are pretty cute as well

Tatkis said...

Lovely owl - I like the combination of blue and white colors. Thanks a lot for those cute pictures!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Thoeria said...

I always loved owls - used to collect them when I was younger (wooden statue ones!). Your owl is really lovely - don't know how you do it-such beautiful work!

cucki said...

wow this owl is also looking so lovely and duckling are always my fav..they are so sweet and growing so lovely xx